Amazon

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Blaines birthday outfit

Last years outfit didn't so as planned because well I was behind on EVERYTHING. This year I am on the ball and I made his outfit last night.

In our business we create a lot of our own patterns or use old clothing to make a pattern out of and modify as we need. This time I used an old pair of his shorts to make the shorts for his outfit, the only problem with this is HOURS of seam ripping to make sure you have everything including the seam alliance. I had fabric for his shorts months ago but we ended up needing it for a client order, so I went to Chatham where my favourite fabric store is located, R&B Fabrics.
 R&B Fabrics is a small local business that is family run. The staff and owner is amazing, the amount of fabric they have is astonishing.

After hours of seam ripping I had my pattern, woot! I pinned the pattern to the Disney Cars fabric I picked out. Cut it all out, and started sewing, I have never in my life made shorts and the down side of doing a pattern from clothing is there are no instructions. It took 3 seam rips but I now know how to do them and they turned out awesome. I got Blaine to try them on and he wouldn't take them off.

The shirt I made as well, kinda, I bought the plain white shirt at Walmart, printed and cut the iron ons and put them on the shirt.

All in all the outfit turned out amazing and I can't wait to see him wear it at his birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment