Amazon

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The tote bag is a lie

So the tote bag was a lie. It was not my last January project. I made a boys toddler blanket and I plan on making a second one in February to make it for my two favorite twin boys. It is my own pattern. The pattern is pretty simple. It took me 8 hours crochet time and 5 days real time

 Pattern for boys toddler blanket

I used hook size 5 and just normal worsted yarn

I did mine is two tons of blue however it can be done in whatever colours that you like best.

Chain 100 (depending how wide you want it to be)

Row 1: Triple Crochet in the fourth chain from hook. Triple crochet in remaining chain stitches.

Row 2: Turn and chain 4. *Triple crochet in second stitch chain 1. Triple crochet in the same stitch. Skip next 2 stitches.* Repeat from star until the end of the row. At the end of the row triple crochet in the chain four from the row before.

Row 3: Turn and chain 4. *Triple crochet in the chain 1 space. Chain 1 triple crochet in the same stitch. skip the next two stitches.* repeat from star to end of the row. At the end of the row Triple crochet in chain four from the row before.

Row 4: Turn and chain 4. Skip the first stitch Triple crochet in the next stitch and each one until end of row. Triple crochet in chain four from the row before.

Row 5- Row 51: ( depending on how long you want to make it.) Repeat row 2-4
Fasten off once finished

Border is a 3 row boarder that I got out of a book. You can use any border you would like, however; the one i used is in the picture. I got the boarder out of 50 crocheted afghan borders by Jean Leinhaiser. Page 32 #49

Single crochet in each stitch all the way around with three in each corner. Do 2 rounds of this. I changed my colour after each around.

Third round: Join with sc in center st of any corner group; ch 3, sc in same st; *skip next sc, in next sc work (sc, ch2, sc)*, rep from star to star and join at start.

weave in all your ends and its all done.


This is my final final project for January :)
Blanket

Border

No comments:

Post a Comment