Amazon

Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Needy Crochet

I made my quota for the need for February and its only February 3. :) 

This time I used a different pattern for the hats I used http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/cpatt03.htm I found it very easy to use however I did change it a little to make it my own not much though I just added a stitch or two to close up the gaps that seemed to form at the start of each row.


I used a different scarf pattern as well I used http://cobblerscabin.wordpress.com/happy-hookin/draft-dodger-scarf-free-pattern/ I really like this pattern its easy and it leaves very tight and nice stitching. 


The baby hats this time I did a little different I incorporated stitches from the scarf pattern to make the hats. 

Pattern: I used 4.5, 5.5, 6.0 crochet hooks I use different hooks for each hat to obtain different sizes. 


Start: CH 3 slip stitch to join.
  • Row 1)   12 single crochet inside the ring join to start with slip stitch and CH 1. (you might want to mark the starting stitch)
  • Row 2)   2 single crochet in each stitch join and CH 1
  • Row 3)   *1 single crochet in the next stitch, 2 single crochet in the following stitch* repeat from star to star until round is finished. join and CH 1
  • Row 4)    *1 single crochet in each of the next two stitches, 2 single crochet in the following stitch* repeat from star to star until round is finished. Join and CH 1
  • Repeat Row 4 if you want a hat for a larger head or use a larger crochet hook.
  • Row 5)   Single crochet in each stitch until round is finished join CH 1
  • Row 6)   *Single crochet in next stitch, double crochet in next stitch* repeat from star to star until round is finished join and CH 1
  • Row 7)    *Double crochet in next stitch, single crochet in next stitch* repeat from star to star until round is finished join and CH 1
  • Repeat rows 6-7 (I did 2 more rows of each ) until you reach you desired length
  • Repeat row 5  5 times. 






Tracy donated yarn to my "cause" one of the baby hats I made was with some of that yarn. I will be keep track of how many items are made with the yarn donated and once all the yarn is gone I will post that total. I am very great-full to the donation of yarn it allows me to create these items a little cost to me. 


So far I have made 36 items for the needy I hope that it will make some difference. I still have a long way to go before October gets here so lots of time to make more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment