Amazon

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Crocheting for the Homeless and Needy Jan 2011

It is only the 8th of January and I have already finished my homeless/needy crocheting quota for the month lol. I made 4 scarves they are a bit more femaine then last months. The pattern I used for them in my own and it a basic one I just double crochet to the width that I want and the do around the post to make a dimond pattern within the scarf and I made them as long as I felt was okay. The hats I made is the same pattern as last month however I made then with a smaller hook because the last ones were larger and I felt women would prefur smaller ones. I made the premee hats the same as always just used a larger hook this month because not all babies are born with the same size head :).

I made one special hat this time though it takes me the same amount of time to make it as it does to make 4 of the normal bucket hats, but this one is special to me because I happened to be looking though one my old crochet world magazines its from October 2010 the pattern is on page 38 is called Self-Stripe Topper. It reminds of the hat my grandmother received from the the cancer society hats program for chemo patients, I loved the hat then my grandmother liked the hat. I felt and still feel everyone needs to feel pretty. I plan to make one every month and I hope that this hat will make someone feel pretty even for a moment because every women deserves to feel pretty no matter what there status is in this world. I know this hat already has a name, but I am going to make these hats in the name of my grandmother who put up a great fight however in the end she lost her battle with cancer. I miss her dearly, and just like the baby hats I do for the hospital in honor of my son who means the world to me, I do these hats in the honor of the women who had a main hand in raising me and making me who I am today (of course my mom had the main role in that but my grandmother and her played equal parts in life).

No comments:

Post a Comment