Amazon

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Twister

We have a cat named Twister, we adopted him from the humane society when he was 4 weeks old he was so tiny he could fit in my one hand. He loved to sleep in my shoes lol. Now he weighs almost 25lbs and still tries to fit in my shoes. Hes my sucky baby and is never more then a few feet from me at all times. Hes beautiful, smart and loves to play fetch. We got him fixed when he was 7 months old. About 2 years ago he started to pee outside the litter box which to say the least is an undesirable behavior, so we took him to the vet about 20 times oer the past two years. We have done everything they told us to: 2 litter boxes, one on each floor, no lids, don't get mad at him when he pees outside the litter box (which is very hard to do by the way), clean them everyday, do full litter box changes twice a month, put a litter box that don't look like a litter box where is he peeing and slowing (about an inch a day) do where you want him to pee, try different litters, change him to special food (30.00 a for a 5LBS bag not cheap by any means), antibiotics, test after test after test. He is now on anti depressants that say; he is to use caution when driving, no operating heavy machinery, and no drinking also do now allow your cat excess exposure to the sun, keep your cat in the house. He peed again yesterday I don't want to have to put him to sleep that is the last thing I want to do seeing as hes my baby. I went to the pet store as a last result I am trying this spray and this collar that says it gives off pheromones that will stop him from peeing money back guarantee so we will try this and if it don't work I am extremely said to say that we will have to say good by to best little buddy.

However we will if it comes to Twister have to be put to sleep adopt another pet from the shelter we believe that they all need a good home and its us doing what we can for those poor animals.

I love Twister and it breaks my heart to think that he would no longer be curled up sleeping with me every night

No comments:

Post a Comment