Amazon

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crocheted Tote Bag

I just finished my last project for January it is a tote bag. I got the pattern from http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2009/01/02/the-green-shopping-bag/ however I used my own choice of colour as well as I used two strands for the whole bag I felt that it would make the bag far stronger. I also put a boarder around the handles and have decided that next I make this bag it will need longer handles and I will make as one piece with the front and back of the bag seeing as I do not like to attach them. I turned my bag so the seam in on the inside of the bag I didn't like the look of it on the outside. It is far bigger of a bag then I thought it was going to be which is nice. I plan on using it for books for school or shopping. Using the doubled up yarn all the way through wasn't easy.

This bag took me about 6-7 hours total crochet time and about 4 days real time. I found the pattern fairly easy to follow and loved adding my own touches to it.
This is the first tote bag I have made that is this size. and that required me to put the pieces together. I have made child size bags that I used as Easter baskets for the kids but they were one piece and smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment