Amazon

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pink Owl Cake

The wonderful women who asked me to make her husband a "Walking Dead" cake, placed another order with me.

She always picks such wonderful (testing my talents) cakes, she sends me a picture of the cake she would like and I recreate it!

This is the picture she sent me:

She wanted the cake pink, the flavours vanilla and raspberry and the candles to be the number 21.

My first thought when I looked at this cake was "I can make that". My second thought was "I know I can do it, but how?".

I decided that my 3D mini pan would be perfect for the owl!!! Richard so sportively said "There is no way you are going to be able to make that look like an owl".

The icing was of course homemade I used fresh raspberries in the icing. The cake and the owl were both vanilla. I did not use fondant to cover the round cake, but the owl was done in fondant to make it look like an owl.

This is how my cake looked:



The cake was picked up not put together, I learned my lesson with sending tiered cakes already put together. If you client is picking it up they have to put it together, if I am delivering it when I set it up. Of course I make sure the client has no problems with putting it together before I even start the order.

I think the cake turned out awesome and so did the client!!!!

This cake has now been preordered for Sept. for a little girls first birthday!!!!


P.S. Richard was wrong my owl looks like an owl lol. He was shocked as how awesome it looked!!!
and I now have a facebook page for my cakes!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CK-Custom-Cakes/306286412808261

No comments:

Post a Comment