Amazon

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Laundry washer Crystals

I can't believe I have not blogged about these yet!

I loved buying the laundry Crystals that you put into the washer, but they are super expensive and when Richard is laid off while the little extras that I love get cut back for the more important things like the kids lunch stuff. I was "trolling" Pinterest when I came across how to make your own laundry Crystals, I figured what is the harm in trying them.

I have my list in hand on what I need to make these and I head to the real Canadian superstore. To my dismay I could not find rock salt/ice cream salt anywhere. I wonder around until I find a young man who as I ask where the rock salt or ice cream salt might be? he sounds confident when he says to me right this way, turns out he takes me to the road salt. I look at him and look at the road salt, then I start to explain that this is for laundry and what I am making with it. "OOOOHHHH" he says and asks me to follow him, so I do again he is confident that he now knows what I need, he leads me to the laundry aisle and hands me the laundry Crystals. Okay I look at him and gently explain no I want to make these, he says "I don't know how to make them". At this point I am not sure what to say and I try to explain again this time I say I am looking for just ice cream salt "ohhhh" he says and radios to the grocery department the guy on the end says no you don't use salt to make ice cream. So I say thank you for your time and head to the spice aisle where I pick up course canning salt.

Next stop was the waterbug to pick up essential oils, they were far more helpful. They are always great in there and know their stuff!!

Once I got home and made my laundry Crystals I ended up making enough to fill 2 of store bought laundry Crystal bottles twice!!!!


I used vanilla essential oils, they work awesome!!!!! my laundry smells GREAT!!!!

http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207395920/

No comments:

Post a Comment