Amazon

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frozen Yogurt Dots

I came across this awesome idea on Pinterest! The kids don't really like yogurt by itself even though it is really good for them, they will eat frozen yogurt, but only because I tell them it is ice cream (Yes I lie to the children). I always buy yogurt when it is on sale for $1.00 and rarely will it get eaten so when I found this I could not resist trying the idea out and seeing if the kids would eat it. I happened to have three kinds on hand (It was on sale last week at No frills) strawberry, peach and raspberry. The strawberry and the peach both a pieces of while fruit in them which was a minor inconvenience.

Items needed:

Pastry bag or sandwich bag
Your choice of yogurt (It is easier to with no fruit chunks)
Cookie sheet (or other flat surface)
Wax paper
Scissors
Spoon
Small snack bags (or another container)

Directions:

Line your cookie sheet or other flat surface with the wax paper.
Fill your pastry or sandwich bag with your yogurt using the spoon.
Cut the end of the bag open just a little bit creating a "tip".
Gently squeeze "dots" on to the wax lined cookie tray.
Place the cookie tray into the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Place dots into small snack bags and put into the freezer.

These are simple to make and taste great. The kids loved them and so did I. The snack bags make it easy to grab and snack on something healthy.

Yogurt

Yogurt in pastry bag with tip cut.
Dots on the cookie sheet before freezing. 

Dots on cookie sheet after freezing.


In a snack bag ready to be eaten.



I hope you and family enjoy these as much as we do!!

Here is the link to the pin http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207630527/

No comments:

Post a Comment