Amazon

Monday, February 25, 2013

DIY Grout Cleaner

I never really thought about it, until someone told me my grout is supposed to white not gray. After that conversation I got thinking about how I can get it clean without too much work as I have tile with grout in 5 rooms of my home.

Again I was trolling Pinterest, what a surprise, and found a recipe for DIY grout cleaner. Figured it was worth a try and I happened to have everything on hand needed to make it.

What you need:
7 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/3 cup ammonia (or lemon juice)   I used the Lemon juice.
1/4 cup vinegar.
Empty Spray Bottle.

Directions:
Spray on grout
Leave for about 1 hour
Scrub vigorously with a scrub brush.

I didn't leave it on the area I cleaned for quite 1 hour because the dogs were trying to lick it, but it worked. Once I get time to do an entire floor I will leave it on for the full hour.

My only concern with this is if your grout is really old and already needs fixing some of the grout will come away as you scrub so I wouldn't scrub too hard.

Before

After    
http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207250516/

No comments:

Post a Comment