Amazon

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crocheting for the Homeless and Needy

Today I got a plan, that I am going to start crocheting for the needy and homeless. Last year I started to make baby hats for the hospitial and I have about 50 done in all different colours. Now I have decided to make scarfs, hats and lap blankets for the shelter here in town. I am going to keep making the hats for the hospital as well. I figure I will make them and drop them all off once a year.

So my goal is to make 4 scarfs, 4 adult hats and 4 baby hats a month I know that doesn't sound like a lot however after 1 year that's 48 of each, which doesn't sounds like a lot either but its a start and its me doing something good others, and its an attainable goal to achieve with everything else going on in my life. Besides who knows maybe it will catch on and others will do it as well.

One of the patterns I am going to use I found a website its just a simple pattern. I am going to try a different pattern each month so I don't get board with doing the same thing over and over again.

http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com/2009/09/free-crochet-scarf-pattern-for-homeless.html

It is a very nice pattern and could be used for other things not just the homeless or needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment