Amazon

Monday, October 1, 2018

Where are the shapes?




At first I thought it was a fluke, maybe the machine missed this one, nope it was the whole box. No I didn't eat them all in one sitting. Figured it would be a new texture to try out and would be fun, noooo my son hates them so I ate them. Again not in one sitting!!

I haven't had these since I was a kid and got them in our lunches, I know the late 80's early 90's when "Healthy lunches" were if mom sent an apple that you either gave away or traded for something.


Excited to show Blaine the shapes inside I unroll one and get ready to show him the fun. As I unroll it on the table to my shock as we look at this oddly formed square of fake fruit there is nothing, no shapes. Just two colours blending into one another. Blaine looks at me and says "I thought u said there was fun inside" sigh nope and of course he tries it and hates it. So I figure its maybe a fluke and I told him we would try another one next time.

A couple days pass and I had forgot I even had them, I was digging through the snack bin for something for myself and come cross them. Oh right! Lets try this again. I open it and unroll it and BAM nothing, what is going on here, why are there no fun shapes I don't get it. So I show my sons father he thinks I am crazy and that this isn't a big deal and of course he could careless, he apparently never liked them as a kid anyway. Well fine be that way.



I decide to email the company General Mills and see what their answer would be, or even if they would answer me back. I doubted it because it seems of little concern to anyone but myself.  If I wanted to eat a fruit by the foot that is what I would have brought!

SURPRISE they email me back well this should be interesting. I read the email and have a WTF moment. What on earth do shapes have to do with product freshness?

Here is the email:

Dear Ms. Heimbecker,
Thank you for contacting General Mills regarding Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Ups.We continually experiment with new ways to offer our products to our consumers. A successful package is one that provides greater convenience for the consumer, improves the freshness of the product it protects and/or provides a new way to present the product. Fruit Roll-Ups do not have shapes at this time.
Thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate your interest.
Sincerely,
Francine Grant
Consumer Relations Representative
##:19150877

Well that was anticlimactic I was expecting I don't know, something that made actual sense. 


Have you noticed things that have changed food wise since your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment