Amazon

Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 4, the plan!

Can you believe it is week 4 already, a month into the school year, a month into our home school journey


. I can't, time has always gone bye fast but now it seems to be going by even faster. My time is filled up with planning for my son as well as the entire home school group in our area and of course business and life. There are days when I am not sure I can get it all done and there are days when I am not sure I can do this. In the end when I hear my son say "I don't go to school I do home school and then list off his friends" I feel proud. There is no bullying just acceptance no matter your childs skills, needs, levels etc.

Day 1:
Sight word "and", work book, STEAM 3 little pigs
Outing: Tumble time

I am horrible at keeping a list of where I find the worksheets it is either on google images or pinterest but this one is just tracing the word "and". I will include it below.

We are still working in the same workbooks as last week. I was hoping to have the Beaver book finished but that didn't happen so we will continue to use the Usborne Get ready for school first numbers sticker book and Beaver search and find stickers.

STEAM 3 little pigs I found on the pinterest website.

Tumble time is amazing and it is put on by Bluewater Cheer. 




Day2:
Sight word "and", workbook, Build an airplane, build a boat, build a car, Sort the animals
Outing: BookClub

Again with the flash cards. They simple to make and easy to do.

This is the build a car activity I found on pinterest but we will be using a foil balloon instead of a latex one.
Build a boat can be found here. We are doing the egg carton one.
Build an airplane is here.

All of these activities promote hands on learning about how things work.

Sort the animals is something I came up with all most of this weeks activities are going to teach Air, Water, Land

For this what I did was print a picture from google of the sky, water and a grass field. I then glued them on to card stock. I will be digging through his toy bins the night before to find ALL of his little animal toys so he can sort what lives here.

BookClub is for 4-6 year olds and it is put on by the EarlyON centres. They mail you a book about the week before and this will be the book we are covering in the bookclub. I am excited we will see how he likes it!





Day 3:
Sight word "And", workbook, transportation sort.


Outing: Park

 And word colouring page that I found on a google search.

 Transportation sort I found here. Really you could you the pages you glued from the animal sort and just use different modes of transport that they have in their toy bins.






Day 4:
Sight word "and", workbook, sink or floatOuting: Skating

More flash cards for the sight word.

Sink or float is a really fun activity and really easy to do. Have you and your child go around and find things you think will sink or float have a bowl of water and test out your theories. I love this one!

Tot Skate is a blast and teaches a lot of physical skills such as balance, body awareness, etc



Day 5:
Sight word "and", workbook, garden
Outing: Forest school, home school parent chat and play

Just a work sheet I found on google for the sight word activity.

We are going to plant some bulbs so they can grow in the spring!


Forest school is an educational outing where you learn about all things nature.

Home school parent chat and play is where the kids get to play and the adults get to chat.





No comments:

Post a Comment