Amazon

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Pinterest! Coconut Banana bread









I made a few changes when I made this which I will mention as we go along. This is a good recipe although not my favourite.

Blaine helped me out with making it, he loves to be in the kitchen cooking, baking and just being helpful, still can't get him to touch anything with his hands but thats okay. Everything in its own time.

Full recipe and directions found here!!


Ingredients:

1/2 vanilla yogurt
1 egg
3 over ripe banana's
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. (I used canola oil and I only had 2.5 tablespoons left in the bottle lol)
1 1/3 cup of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon if salt (I forgot to add this oops)
1/2 chopped pecans (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 coconut (I only had unsweetened and I used 1/4 cup)
(I added 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips)

Preheat your oven to 350 (I do mine at 325 because my oven runs hot)
Grease a 9*5 loaf pan (I sprayed mine with pam)

In a bowl mash the banana's
Mix in the vanilla yogurt, egg, oil

In a separate bowl mix all your dry stuff.

Combine both bowls together until moist but don't over mix.

(I put all the wet stuff in my kitchen aid mixer, then I slowly added the dry stuff until it was all mixed)





Topping:
3 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of coconut
3 tablespoons of chopped pecans

make into a crumble in a bowl

(This didn't work for me, it turned into a paste so I said screw it and added quick oats until it turned into a crumble)

Bake in the oven for 55-65 mins (Mine took 75 mins because I was doing it at lower temp so it wouldn't burn)












No comments:

Post a Comment