Amazon

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Construction Party "tools"

January is when I start planning Blaines birthday party and it falls in August. This years theme is construction, so like any good mom I consulted Pinterest for some great party ideas. I try and do as much as possible myself to save on cost and of course make it more memorable and fun.

Like any birthday party the plastic cutlery is tossed on the table to everyone grabs what they need well not this year!!! This year your “tools” are all neatly put together in a napkin.

I found a great deal at Party City on yellow cutlery it was buy 2 get one free so I got the cutlery, 70 cups and 70 plates there. Normally I get these things at the dollar store but it was a great price for 70 forks, 70 spoons, and 70 knifes.

The napkins and ribbon I got at Dollar Tree.

I printed on yellow card stock that I got at Micheals with my black and white laser printer that I got at Digital Friends Inc.

What you need:
Card stock
Printer
Ribbon
Napkins
Cutlery
Scissors
Hole punch

I used this template for the tool labels. I of course can't find the original link for the page so I will just include a jpeg of what I used.




Print the labels and cut them all apart. Punch holes in the one corner of each label. I printed them on card stock so if it was damp out they wouldn't curl.

I used a hole punch for this because it was easiest and I have one on hand but you can use anything you have on hand to make a hole, such as, a pen.
Make a hole center top of the tool labels.

Cut all the ribbon the length you need. I did about 12” each.


Fold one corner of your napkin over 

 Place your cutlery center on the the folded corner. 

Fold the bottom corner of the napkin over the bottom of your cutlery. 




Roll them up


Wrap the ribbon around the napkin, tie, wrap it again and tie. String the tools label onto the ribbon. Tie once more to secure it. Curl your ribbon ends!





TADA!! your done its that simple, now repeat 70 times or for however many cutlery that you need done and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment