Amazon

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 6: truth!

We are about 1/4 of the way through the "school" year and he is learning things so quickly and loving every minute of out! The only time he complains about doing school work is when his father is around.

We still are having issues with the sight word "the" but the rest are pretty much down pat!!!


Starting our day at 5am sucks horribly and is never ever my first choice. I don't sleep well at night and would much rather stay in bed until 8 especially now that the cold is here. I am lucky enough that he will go help his dad get ready for work and then come back and snuggle with me for a while before hes had enough and I have to get up. The bonus is most days we have our book work done before 9am which means we have the rest of the day to do whatever we want. It is also nice that playgroup opens at 9am, sucks I can't bring my tea in there but he loves it.

There is so much to see and do at the earlyOn centres its amazing and I am so grateful that they are there for our children.

Mondays are normally well Mondays but today there is a little more excitement as I rescued a dog in rough shape last night so he was more interested in the dog than most other thing lol.
We did our school work done and that is about all school related things we did as we had to take care of Gus wounds.

Home Depot day arrived and it was a blast except I decided to school work after the home depot and well this was a bad idea because Blaine likes things in a certain order so it caused school not to go perfect but we got through it just fine! Because we did things out of order we ended up doing a sight word work sheet as well I didn't hide any sight words....oops...oh well there is always tomorrow.



I went to Functions of Behaviour, I learned a lot I also learned that centres that help children really need to get on bored with each other and figure out which research they are going to use also updates to that research help a lot. I did learn many things I didn't know before and I loved the instructor. It has given me a different way to collect data for the OT in Blaines life and this will better help him in the long run.  Going to the seminar was just showed me I am doing the right thing by homeschooling Blaine. None of the schools, staff or support staff are equipped to help those who need it the most. Many can't even tell you what a sensory issue is.


Wednesday are supposed to be my work day but as bad days go this one SUCKED!!! We got our school work done and even took Gus for his first walk. ABC mouse wasn't working so we tried it for a little bit then gave up.

Well we didn't get any seated school work done but we did the music and dance Halloween party and then Homeschool chat and play in the afternoon. Because I didn't work yesterday that means I have to work today and because we get back late and didn't have time this morning no seat work for Blaine but thats okay, there is always tomorrow.




Friday we made lungs from bags and straws. He had a blast! We also went to the mcdonalds playplace so he could play and I could fill out paper work for the rescue fundraiser.








No comments:

Post a Comment