Amazon

Monday, March 4, 2013

Penguin Birthday Cake!

My mom's birthday is March 6, but her boyfriend decided that he wanted to have a surprise party for her!!
I offered to make the cake, but couldn't decide on a theme, my sister decided I should do penguins.
I loved making this cake not just because it was for my mother, but because I used a bunch of new techniques.
Before this cake I had never made penguins, molded rice krispie squares or used gel icing to make water.

Everyone loved the cake and thought it was super cute!

The igloo was made out of molded rice krispies, the penguins where made out of fondant and the cake was half chocolate, half vanilla. 

All because of this cake I have been asked to make cakes for AA birthday's which is awesome!! I am so excited.








No comments:

Post a Comment