Amazon

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY keyholder

Years a go Richard mom bought me a jewelry box, I do not wear jewelry and already have two jewelry boxes. It was not a big one flat on the back had hooks inside, so I decided I would use it as a key holder for the front door, while this past summer it kicked the bucket and while I have lost my keys almost twice a day everyday since then. A friend of mine "pinned" how to make your own from a dollar store pulled canvas block. I love the colour of fabric I picked it brings spring colours to my entryway. This is so easy when you want a change in style just pull the fabric off and put new stuff on!

What you need:

Pulled canvas block (got mine at the dollar store in the paint/craft aisle)
Fabric of your choice. (got mine at Walmart in the sewing second for 1.69)
Either glue gun or staple gun (I used a glue gun)
Screw in hooks

Directions:

Attach your fabric tight to the canvas block using the glue gun or staple gun.
Screw hooks into bottom of the canvas block.
Hang on wall, hang keys on it!


It works great, but I would never hang anything heavy on it.




http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207366907/

No comments:

Post a Comment