Amazon

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Business of Cakes

I have been making cakes for family, friends, etc. for years. I took half a cake class through Wilton and just didn't have time to finish it or start any other ones. I enjoy making cakes and other wonderful treats. I do it because I love seeing my creation come alive, seeing people enjoying something that I made and just the whole seeing someone smile from something I made.

One of my good friends from high school makes cakes as well we started the Wilton class together, she finished hers. We have been talking on and off again for a while about starting a bakery business together. While I decided that lately I have been getting so many cake orders from word of mouth from my friends telling other people that I should at least start a facebook page to get some word out about my cakes. By no means do I consider myself perfect at making cakes but I do enjoy it and seeing how I have been having so many orders others must be enjoying them as well.

After I made the page I figured I would ask Krista if she would be interested in doing cakes together. She makes nice cakes as well but some of her techniques need work, which is will come with practice and time.

I am working on a website at the moment and created business cards. We have had a lot of interest and plan to within 2 years to open our own bakery. We have an active facebook page with pictures of all of our work on it. My album is called Custom Cakes made by "C".

We are not able to offer peanut free at this time, but are working on offering sugar free, and gluten free as we get more established.

We offer much more then"just" cakes: pies, cookies, cake pops, cupcakes, mini cupcakes, fundraisers, cookie boxes, treat platters, squares, chocolates, mini cakes, muffins, dog cookies, breads, buns cheesecakes, and soon we will have a printer that prints edible images for cakes!

On our facebook page we have tip of the day, photos of our creations, question of the day and much more.
Please like us on facebook!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/CK-Custom-Cakes/306286412808261




No comments:

Post a Comment