Amazon

Monday, March 4, 2013

Fruit/Veggie Cleaner

Fruit in my house ends up going bad before the end of the school week when things are out of season around here and I can not buy them from the market. While browsing Pinterest I came across away to clean fruit and veggies, but it did not say if I could use it on berries or not so I just left for about a month and then came across another "Pin" with the same idea but it said you could use it on berries as well. I figured why not give it try and see how it goes. Turns out it works the fruit lasted me almost 2 weeks!

What you need:

Containers
A clean sink
1cup of vinegar

Directions

Fill the sink with water and 1cup of vinegar
Add fruit or veggies (I did fruit and veggies separate)
Let stand for 10 minutes
Dry and put into containers (I did not put the fruit back into their old containers I used my own)


Nothing had an odd taste and everything lasted so much longer. I will do this every week when I get home from shopping!!


http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207658704/

No comments:

Post a Comment