Amazon

Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY Dishwasher Cleaner

My dishwasher is from the very early 90's, it never cleans right, most of the time I have to rewash the dishes that went through the dishwasher. I tired all the store bought dishwasher cleaners on the market and nothing worked. I tired a few DIY remedies such as baking soda and vinegar. still nothing. I was to the point of just buying a new dishwasher until, I found this and decided that it was worth a try and well I am sure my dishwasher had never been cleaned like this before. My dishwasher is an old Maytag so the inside of your dishwasher may be different than mine.


WARNING: DO NOT DO THIS IF YOUR DISHWASHER IS UNDER WARRANTY!!
                    BE GENTLE WHEN REMOVING PARTS AS THEY CAN BREAK EASY
                    IF IT WILL NOT COME OUT DO NOT PRY ON IT

Directions:

Pull the racks out of the dish washer.
Unscrew the bottom water "fins" and removed. (There may be clips please be careful)
My dishwasher also has top "fins" which I also removed.
I then put the "fins" in the tub to wash them out I used a bottle brush, tooth picks and water to clean out all the build up and crap that was in it. (It turns out over half the water holes in the top "fin" were so clogged no water would come out of them)
Wash out the inside of the dishwasher (I used Lysol wipes)
Put all the "fins" back in.
Put the racks back in.
I ran the dishwasher with vinegar and baking soda

My dishwasher now has never worked better!!! I figure if I do this with spring and fall cleaning then I will  get at least a few more years out of it!!!

Next time I do it I will get pictures of it step by step


http://pinterest.com/pin/24347654207386326/

No comments:

Post a Comment