Amazon

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

R.I.P Sadie

I think this is one of the hardest posts I have had to do in a very long time. This morning we got the news that my moms dog Sadie had passed away durning the night last night.

After I had placed Owen for adoption my mom and sister got two puppies from a friends farm dog who had gotten pregnant. My sister got Rylee the brother and my mom got Sadie the sister. I always said they got them to help fill the void within them that me placing Owen created. They raised them together, I babysat them while they were at work or had to go away until they were old enough to go to the office. Sadie and Rylee loved the office they had a fenced in field and Sadie greeted all the customers at the counter.

Over the passed few months Sadie started acting a bit off, so my mom changed her food a few times thinking that was the problem. Over the past few weeks Sadie starting not wanting to got to the office and just stay home, she was not acting herself. Over the weekend she refused to eat anything mom tried some ham and potatoes and she did eat that but puked it right back up. Mom took her to the vet Monday right after work and the vet said she was jaundice and they were putting her on IV, giving her antibiotics, doing tests and going to keep her at least over night. The next day mom called and the vet said she was doing better with the IV, and antibiotics but had diarrhea. The test results came back that there was a problem with her liver so they did an x-ray and she had an enlarged liver. They wanted to keep her for a few more days and see how she did. This morning my mom got the call that Sadie had passed away in the night. They are going to do a postmortem to see what happened. Once that is complete they are going to send her body home so mom can bury her.

This is not an easy time for my mom Sadie was her baby, her everything! To us our animals are family and they are treated as family!

To say Sadie LOVED her ball is an understatement she was a ball addict and would play non-stop. Today we lost a beloved family member, may over the rainbow bridge be full of balls for her to chase.

This is a photo I took this summer when we had a play date with the puppies and Sadie!

Update: They completed the postmortem this morning, her liver was full of cancer. We had no idea :(. She will be cremated and the ashes will be returned next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment