Amazon

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tie Dye Cakes

I LOVE this technique!!! I tired it out last week for a Tinkerbell cake and it turned out "okay", this week I did it for a turtles cake and I am much happier with the way it turned out. Her favourite colours are Pink, Blue, Green and orange.

In the first layer I did pink, orange and blue in the order to prevent the pink and blue from combining and turning the cake purple.
The second layer I did pink, green and blue, again I did it in that order to prevent the pink and the blue making purple.

I think I did a good job at the trying to prevent that as you can see in the following pictures. This is a very simple technique, you just have to play with it a bit to get the pattern that you want.



Yes my cakes look like I could have banged them on the counter a couple more times lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment