Amazon

Sunday, January 10, 2021

January 2021 reading

 What are you reading/listening to right now?

When I first started to listen to audiobooks I wasn't a huge fan because I like to sticky note pages and highlight passages. With an audiobook, you can't do that.

The thing you can do with an audiobook is to listen while you are doing everything else! This is by far the best invention ever because there isn't often that I get to sit and read unless I am in a waiting room or in the car.

I use the app Audible. I pay about 13.00 a month and get a credit per month. There are also times they release free books that don't cost you any credits at all. I don't normally listen to 1 audiobook a month so they pile up and then I get a notification that I need to use a credit before it expires then I pick one of the books to want to read later on.

I do have a million hard copy books that I need to read and there a few audiobooks I will be getting the hard copy of so I can highlight and sticky note the crap out of them.

I listen/read a variety of books from physiology to fantasy.

Right now my car book which I take into waiting rooms with me is called Sensational Kids: Hope and Help for children with sensory processing disorder. It is a great book!

Last week I finished the audiobook titled unconditional parenting by Alfie Kohn. He is one of my favourite authors and he even reads his own book for audible.

I have two audiobooks on the go, one that I am listening to with Connely and it is titled I hate you - Don't leave me by Jerold Kresiman it is very insightful.

The second book that I am listening to is titled Loving an Addict, Loving yourself. It is by Candace Plattor.

I mainly read books where I can learn something. Yes, there isn't much in my life I don't do that doesn't have a "purpose" including my reading for "pleasure". I do enjoy the odd fantasy book but the author has to be pretty amazing to draw me in.




No comments:

Post a Comment