Amazon

Monday, January 11, 2021

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

 

 


 

 Normally I stick to the same recipes every year for my Christmas cookie trays. Each year I look at neat new recipes and think I am going to try that this year and then they just end up saved in the back of the drawer or as a pin on one of my Pinterest boards.

2020 I decided to give a few of these a try that has just been sitting there looking yummy, but I never knew if they actually were.

These are old fashion crinkle cookies and in the photos, they look amazing, on the tongue they taste delightful and for the soul, they are a hug of Christmases of past.

The recipe is super simple too and guess what? they make that crinkle pattern all by themselves!! Even better news right?

What you need:

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used Canola oil)
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons  pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa  
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon  kosher salt (I used normal salt)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar (I used more like 1/2 a cup)

What you need to do:

1) Whisk together the oil and sugar in a large bowl (I used my kitchen aid mixer). Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined.

2) Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and stir until well combined.

3) Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. (it was more like an hour as I started and finished another recipe while these were in the fridge)

4) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (I use a tablespoon).

5) Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl and roll each cookie in the sugar.

6) Place cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes (mine were 10 minutes), or until the cookies are slightly crisp around the edges and soft in the middle. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. (I gave them a little squish to flatten them a bit because I was worried they would not flatten outright)

You can eat them right away and their centers are amazingly soft. Each of the children and adults got to try 1/2 of one before I put them into containers and into the freezer. I put parchment between each layer of cookies in the containers. Now with these ones, I didn't freeze them for long maybe a few days and once they came to room temperature open the taste and texture were the same as the day they were baked!!!


After looking at A LOT of crinkle cookie recipes I found this one to the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment