Amazon

Friday, May 31, 2019

Spicy Scalloped Potatoes


Not my best photo but they tasted amazing!!!


When Lake Front first opened in Sarnia we had dinner there one night. I was very unhappy with our meals other then these scalloped potatoes they were like heaven in my mouth.

They were made with a local company's hot sauce called Front Street Heat. I decided that I needed to make them at home!

Finally last night I made and they were not 100% the same but they were amazing!

I created my recipe from mixing a few recipes over the years including using parts of our family recipe. I don't make scallops often because Richard isn't a big fan of them, I think that is why they are such a treat to my taste buds when I do make them.

Recipe:

12 Potatoes (I use whatever is on sale that week they were smaller potatoes this time so I used 12)
1 Onion
Mushroom soup
Garlic Powder (or fresh garlic whatever you have on hand)
1 soup can of milk
1/4 flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Spicy Paprika
1 teaspoon Front Street heat
1 bag of shredded nacho cheese


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Thinly slice the potatoes

Chop the onion

Spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray

In a bowl add everything except the potatoes and cheese mix well

In your baking dish layer potato, a bit of sauce and hand full of cheese

Repeat the layers until your dish is full cover with remaining sauce, put a lit on and bake 1 hour

Take out and put cheese on the top let stand for about 10 mins

Enjoy!

Paired with homemade cabbage rolls and corn


No comments:

Post a Comment