Amazon

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Homeschool Week 1 THE PLAN

We are not following a homeschool curriculum right now. We are taking a little bit from each one that I think he will enjoy and trying it out. If he likes and it works, great, if not then we move onto something else.

This is my plan, do I see it going forward 100% not a chance because 1) he is having surgery on the 4th of Sept. 2) He is a 4year old and 3) Well life with a child who has SPD, OCD, Anxiety and low on the spectrum means nothing goes to plan 100% of the time.
As long as Blaine is feeling better the goal is to start Sept 10th.

I have broken all of the learning down into months, weeks and days.

This is what week one looks like:

Day 1:
Sight word "I", a page in his workbook, colour mixing and his journal. Plus our outing which today will be Kids Cook
Sight word activity is cards I made on card stock, cut out and laminated.
The work book we are using right now is called Pre K Learning Essentials
Colour mixing requires 6 containers, paper towel, water and Red, Blue, Yellow food colouring!

http://parentingchaos.com/conversation-hearts-pattern-math-worksheet/   
Kids cook this is program put on for 3-6 year olds by the EarlyON Centres. We have never been before so it should be a lot of fun!!!

Day 2:
Sight word I, Workbook, Rainbow Craft and we will be book club and Nature walk.

The sight work activity for today I found on google which I will include at the bottom of the blog.
A page from the workbook.
Rainbow craft I got the idea from pinterest


Book Club for 4-6 year olds is put on the EarlyON Centres. 
The Nature Scavenger hunt/walk it is for 0-6 years and is put on by St. Clair child and youth centre.  

Day 3:
Sight word I, workbook, colour train and After School Discovery Fun for 3-6 year olds.
Sight word activity is the same as day one but with different small words paired "I DO" etc
A page from the workbook
The colour train idea came from of course Pinterest.


After School Discovery Fun for 3-6 year olds is put on by the EarlyOn Centres and a play based program to explore and experience the natural world. 

Day 4:
Sight word I, work book colour scavenger hunt and we will be doing the weekly shopping.
This letter I activity is a work sheet that I found on google. I will include it at the bottom of the blog post.
One page from his workbook
Colour Scavenger hunt is another idea I found of course on pinterest. We will being doing it during a neighborhood walk with the dogs. 


Weekly Shopping doesn't sound much like an outing but it is an important one. He helps me read my list, find the items that we need, helps me pay, bag and the learning from shopping is limitless.

Day 5:
Sight work I, work book, I can sign a rainbow felt board activity, the outing will be play group.
I used different I and small word cards IE "May I, Can I"
1 page from the workbook
Once again Pinterest to the rescue for this colour activity!!! I can sing a rainbow, I cut circles of the colours from felt as we sing the song he will find the colour and put it on the felt bored.





Then it is the weekend and there is no "school" on the weekend!

I store everything in a binder. 1 binder per month. The big stuff is put into those mini totes and labeled with the week on it. Everything is precut and ready to go so there is no panic or stress. Inside my binder I have folders and freezer bags with the paper things that are cut inside them so they don't get ruined.


My "I" Sight word cards. Once I get to the parent centre they will be all cut and laminated.

Each day have the plan on piece of lined paper at the start of that day.

This is the construction paper in a freezer bag for the rainbow craft

My colour hunt bag. I feel handles are better for little ones

The start of each week has its own divider page.

My Plan for week 1 will likely not go as planned but its going to be fun to actually see how everything turns out!! I will blog about the first week and maybe each week after that including where I get my information and other ideas!

Sight word "I" work sheet I found on google


No comments:

Post a Comment