Amazon

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baby Blankets for Memory Boxes

A high school friend Amanda has started a program to create memory boxes at the hospital for moms who lose a child. These boxes are a very special wonderful idea and I am very honored to be able to make the baby blankets for these boxes. It is a very sad reason for these boxes to have to made, but at the same time its something special for the moms/dads to take home with them. I did not "lose" so to speak my son; however, leaving the hospital without him in my arms was one the hardest things I have had to do, so in a way I understand their grief. The staff at the hospital here in Sarnia when I had my son had no idea how to deal with adoption even the hospital social worker I had to teach her about adoption and to me she was more curious and interested in everything that was going on than really caring about how I was feeling. I am hoping these memory boxes not only help the mothers/fathers but also help bring awareness to Amanda's cause, more understanding, and patients. I know she has said she had wonderful nurses and support at the hospital. I am hoping that all moms/dads who are unfortunate to be in the situation of loss has the support from the staff and everyone around them to slowly wade through their sea of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment