Amazon

Friday, August 9, 2013

Toy Cake

I am not sure what is with parents and leaving their children's birthday cake orders until the last minute. In my opinion as soon as the invites are sent out the cake should be ordered; however, in this case the person who was supposed to make the cake backed out on them. One persons loss is another persons gain and this time it was a gain for me. A close family friend phoned me and asked if I could put together a cake that had toys on it, vanilla and say Happy Birthday Mya on it. I am so happy when last minute orders are kept simple. 
Last minute cakes never turn out how I want them to and with 22 hours to make this cake I think it turned out pretty good.

The cake is vanilla with vanilla butter cream.
Everything on this cake is edible!

All of the toys on top of the cake are made out of fondant.
Everyone was impressed with what I came up with in such a short period of time. My icing work is not as perfect as I would like it but with only 22 hours the cake didn't have enough time to crust.



No comments:

Post a Comment