Amazon

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dale Earnhardt JR Cake

My moms boyfriend Dave is a Nascar fan. Personally I don't understand the point of Nascar watching cars go around and around is not my idea of a good time, but to each our own.

Dave is a huge Dale Earnhardt SR fan, by huge I mean he knows everything about the guy right down to what his wife did to the Earnhardt company after he died and why JR left that team.

Turns out my mother of all people asks me if I can make the cake 2 days before his birthday. Last minute cake orders I don't mind expect when I can't find anything in Sarnia that is Dale Earnhardt SR, not a single thing and there is even very limited things that are even JR.

We ended up having to do that cake as Dale Earnhardt JR. The cake turned out pretty good for only 48 hours notice. Everyone enjoyed it!

This cake is half vanilla, half chocolate. The vanilla half had strawberry buttercream as filling. The chocolate half had chocolate buttercream as filling. The outside was done in vanilla buttercream with fondant accents. The only thing on this cake that is non-edible is the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment