Amazon

Friday, August 9, 2013

Southern Dinner Night

I decided to start doing a cultural night each week. For the first week I decided to go with a southern night. I love southern cooking.

I made pulled pork in my crock pot. I didn't use a recipe for this as I have made it many times. I shredded the left over ham from the night before put it in the crock pot with about 3 bottles of BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and garlic. I turned it on high for about 3 hours. Stirring it whenever I happened to walk by.

Next was maple brown beans these just came from a can.

Roasted potatoes. These are simple and I love to make them. Slice up as many potatoes as you need. Lay them in tin foil, through a glob of butter in add salt and pepper fold tin foil over and either place right on the BBQ or if doing them in the oven put them on a cookie sheet. Cook for about 20 minutes or so, flipping half way. Sometimes I add onions or bacon to these as well.

Corn on the cob. Everyone knows how to make this. I use local fresh corn.

Cornbread, now this is something you can never forget. I love cornbread but have never made it before. I found a recipe on pinterest. It turned out awesome even all three kids LOVED it. I will make this again. cornbread recipe 

Last but not least the peach pie made with fresh local peaches. I cut stars into the crust to make it more southern like. Peach Pie recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment