Amazon

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Canning: Sweet Pickles

Pickles, never thought they would be so easy to can. I am in love with this canning website, called Pick Your Own. They have simple and amazing recipes for canning. This is now my go to site for all my canning recipes. I check here before I look anywhere else.

I got my cucumbers from our local farmers market!

I am only posting the ingredients here you will need to go to the website for the rest of the instructions. There are tons of photos as well.

Ingredients

  • 8 lbs of 3- to 4-inch pickling cucumbers
  • 1/3 cup canning or pickling salt
  • 4-1/2 cups sugar
  • 3-1/2 cups vinegar (5 percent)
  • 2 teaspoons celery seed
  • 1 tablespoon whole allspice
  • 2 tablespoons mustard seed
  • 1 cup pickling lime (optional- for use in variation below for making firmer pickles)
Link to website

I was able to make 12 jars from this recipe and all of my jars sealed


No comments:

Post a Comment