Amazon

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ladybug Cake

Last minute cake orders never have really brothered me but, this one had me extremely stressed out. With this cake if it could go wrong it did go wrong. First off they ordered the cake 36 hours before they needed it. I bought a new contoured pan it came with no instructions. With the size of the pan I figured it needed double the cake mix, boy was I wrong! I had to bake it twice in order to get a usable cake. Then of course with the time frame that I had to work with the butter cream did not have proper time to set so the cake was not as smooth as I would like. Then as I am moving it onto the cake boards it slips and just about lands on the floor if it wasn't for good reflexes it would have been a mess on the floor instead of only having a figure indent, which of course was fixed. Personally I would have added flowers and leaves; however, the client said no flowers.

The head and body of the cake is marble flavour. The icing is butter cream and the accents are fondant.




No comments:

Post a Comment