Amazon

Friday, February 25, 2011

Crocheted Draft Stoppers

I used the pattern from this website http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90693AD.html?noImages=&r=1

I changed it up a bit. I have a ton of old plastic pellets from making bean bags years ago I put some on then in plastic bags. I then sewed material around them (I suck at sewing its a very good thing they are not seen lol) I made two of these per draft stopper however to do it again I would do three per draft stopper. I put some stuffing in and then one of the "bean bags" more stuffing and then a "bean bag" more stuffing and then did the last bit of the pattern to close up the end. its fairly easy and hook me about 6 hours total time per draft stopper. I used just one color I did not do the stripping. I didn't want to have loose beads or anything small is it as there are small children and animals around them and the last thing I would ever want is them to get into the pellets. I have included pictures at the bottom.



Lion Brand® Vanna's Choice®
GAUGE:
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
STITCH EXPLANATION:
sc2tog (sc 2 together) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
NOTES:
Work in continuous rnds; do not join or turn unless otherwise instructed.

DRAFT STOPPER
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 6 sc in first ch. Place marker in first st for beginning of rnd; move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around – 12 sts.
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around – 18 sts.
Rnd 4: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around – 24 sts.
Rnd 5: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 3 sts, rep from * around – 30 sts.
Rnd 6: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 4 sts, rep from * around – 36 sts.
Rnd 7: Working through back loops only, sc in each st around. Continue to work in rnds of sc over 36 sts, changing color to work stripes as follows:
With B, work 4 rnds.
With C, work 3 rnds.
With D, work 4 rnds.
With E, work 3 rnds.
With F, work 4 rnds.
With G, work 3 rnds.
With A, work 4 rnds.
Continue in this way, in sc over 36 sts, working 3 rnds and 4 rnds alternately with each color in alphabetical order until piece measures about 31 in. (79 cm) long.
Stuff the tube, alternating small amounts of stuffing with pellets.
Next Rnd: With next color in and working through back loops only, *sc2tog, sc in each of next 4 sts, rep from * around – 30 sts.
Next Rnd: *Sc2tog, sc in each of next 3 sts, rep from * around – 24 sts.
Next Rnd: *Sc2tog, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around – 18 sts.
Next Rnd: *Sc2tog, sc in the next st, rep from * around – 12 sts.
Next Rnd: *Sc2tog, rep from * around – 6 sts. Fasten off.
FINISHING
Weave in ends.




No comments:

Post a Comment