Amazon

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blankets for the twin boys

I made two blankets the same for Noah and Jayden Cook my two favorite twin boys. I love spending time with and seeing how wonderful a mother Mindy has grown into. I have known Mindy for many many years and she is an awesome mom to those boys. Don't get me wrong Micheal is a wonderful dad as well!!! Those boys couldn't ask for better parents! I am very excited for them as they are expecting their third child I am hoping its a girl they are hoping its another boy lol. Both boys are very special, smart and lovey. They are a couple months older then my son and I think I enjoy spending time with them not just because Mindy, Micheal and they boys are great to be around, but because it helps fill a little bit of the huge hole in my soul. I hope that they continue to allow me and Richard to be a part of their lives. We both love spending time with them all!


The blankets are as identical as humanly possible and this is the pattern I used. Each blanket took approximately 5 hours each crochet time and about 1 week each normal time. It is my own pattern and I did it to fit a toddler bed or close to:

I used 6.5 hook

CH about 100 depending on the size you want

ROW 1: Single crochet in each ch to end ch 5 turn

ROW 2: Triple crochet in first stitch  1 Triple crochet in each Triple crochet stitch and CH1 stitches across the row

ROW 3: In second Single crochet * Triple crochet CH 1 and Triple crochet in same stitch skip the next two single crochets and repeat from * * to * until last stitch 1 Triple crochet in last stitch

ROW 4: In second Single crochet * Triple crochet CH 1 and Triple crochet in same stitch skip the next two single crochets and repeat from * * to * until last stitch 1 Triple crochet in last stitch

ROW5-? keep going with rows 2-4 until the blanket is the length you desire

I used two shades of blue and changed colours every 3 third row or row sets as I called them

The border I did is as follows:

ROW 1: Attach yarn to any corner 3 Single crochet in the corner. I then did 4 single crochet in each of the CH 5 spaces around the blanket and 3 in each of the corners.

ROW2: with the second colour I did 1 Single crochet in each stitch around

ROW3: With first colour I Single crocheted CH 3 Single crocheted in the same stitch I repeated this for each stitch all the way around

Fastened off and tucked all my ends in!!!

Both Blankets folded

Edging

No comments:

Post a Comment