Amazon

Monday, June 10, 2019

I want I want I want...but for cheap




Reading posts looking for custom made cakes or anything for that matter but that want it cheap or "reasonably priced". Here is the thing, would you want your boss to say to you I want you to do this work but for $5.00 an hour because they feel its a "reasonable" price for your work. Would you do it? Would you find a new job? Would you feel devalued because you know your work is worth more?

Well this goes the same for those of us who create from home.

I did a cake and cupcakes for a friend this weekend so I didn't charge for it, but when people complain about prices, CUSTOM ISN'T CHEAP! If you want cheap go to Walmart.

What I would have charged for someone other than a friend 78 cupcakes and 6" cake is $130.00

How my costs break down and my time.

Cost to make 78 cupcakes and a 6" cake: $16.00
Time: 3 hours

Cost to make fondant for 78 cupcakes and a 6" cake: $10.00
Time: 4 hours

Cost to make the chocolate horns: $20.00
Time: 3 hours

Cost to Ice 78 cupcakes and a 10" cake: $34.00 (I use real butter)
Time: 4.5 hours

Hydro usage: $30.00

Total Cost: $110.00
Total Time: 14.5 hours

Which makes my time worth: $1.34 an hour........

What is your time worth?


No comments:

Post a Comment