Amazon

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Homeschool trip: Storybook gardens

Yes May and June are pretty much fully book for homeschool trips because where we live we try to get as many outdoor activities in while the the weather is nice and before most families end the homeschool year until Sept!

The homeschool trip to Storybook was awesome. The kids had soooo much fine. We had fun too. I went on the rides with Blaine expect the train Sarah did the train. Our group was booked to do the hand on science show at 11:30 but it was too loud for Blaine and Josh so we decided to skip it and let the kids decide what they wanted to do.

There was so much to see and do. We started out at the pretend houses and the kids played pretend store, vet office, fire fighters, farmers and OMG the hilarity of the bounce rabbits and pigs still makes me giggle thinking about it.

There is a a giant bounce pillow that was really cool and they went on that twice!

They did the mud pit for a little bit but it wasn't really muddy it was mainly sand with other parents asking their kids not to play with the hoses so we were not there long.

We did the Splash pad which has gotten so much bigger and better than it was last time we were there. The kids played in the water until they were cold and hungry and then we had sun while they dried in the sun.

The ride on bike were new to us, but Blaine hopped right on and away he went and even when there wasn't a bike for him at that moment he ran around the track and still had a blast!

The pirate play ground area is my favourite, that day there wasn't much seating in the shade but kids had a blast and when they were tired and it was almost time for us to leave anyway we did the rides. Blaine was only tall enough to do two on his own so I went on with him for the Farris wheel, YUP I am still terrified of heights! He asked me to go on the elephants with him which I did and it was a tight squeeze for my legs I am not sure how tall moms would get in there. They did the slide sacks twice and had so much fun! The bigger kids did the swings while we did the elephants.

On our way out we stopped at the carousel which for some reason didn't have music. Blaine asked me to stand on with him while he road a horse which I regretted because of the brain injury. Everyone walked over to ride the train, which I HATE with a passion so Sarah road with them the first ride and the second ride he road with the older kids alone.

I am so proud of him over coming his fears!

It was a long, hot but amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment