Amazon

Friday, February 28, 2014

DIY fruit and veggie wash

I love fruit, I hate how it goes bad so quickly though.

Trolling Pinterest I came across a way to wash fruit that would increase shelf life. Once I saw it and knew I had to give it a try. At first I was worried that it would change the taste of the fruit, but it didn't. It actually worked and made the fruit last longer by about an extra week.


I didn't leave the soft fruit like the strawberries in as long as I did the apples.


Make sure your sink is very clean. 
(UPDATE:  I have been getting a lot of comments about sinks being so dirty.  Sure they can be.  I wash my dishes and clean my kitchen from my sink, so I’m careful to make sure my sink is clean.  Obviously.)

Fill a sink halfway with lukewarm water.
Add 1 cup of white vinegar.
Mix.
Add your fruit. Don’t over fill your sink with fruit.
Soak for about 10 minutes (shorter for berries – about 2 – 5 minutes).
Rinse well.





The original website that the idea came from. 

The link to the Pin on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment