Amazon

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Refocus!

As a homeschooler, I spend 10% of the time following the sch. I created in September when I had all the hopes that a blank canvas offers. I spend
40% of my time prepping for what should be an easy to follow, fun, educational experience and I spend 15% of time teaching Blaine and the rest of time wondering where on earth I put the work sheets for today and wanting to reprint because, trees and climate change.

Since schools are now closed I have had to restructure how I do things and how our days looks.

Our schedule is flexible but somethings don't change and it is 7 days a week!

Between 5:30 and 6:30am: Girls wake up. They are to play quietly in their room until 7:30. Quite never happens but I have faith one day it will.

Between 5:30 and 7:30am: The girls "quite" play wakes Blaine

8:00Am I start breakfast.
              -load/unload dishwasher
              -put laundry in
              -hand wash dishes
              -tidy main floor
              -start dinner
              -get kids dressed and hair done

9:00Am Journals (Each day I give them a topic to draw a picture of IE: What do you want to be when you grow up, What makes you happy, What is your favourite food)
               -Finish tidying
               -sweep
               -10 min break (this allows me to clean up that activity and start the next
               -workbooks
               -snack prep

10:00Am Snack
                 -Prep next activity
                 -Butterflies ( right now we are learning about butterflies it was a topic the middle girl picked to learn about)

11:00Am Outside/Free Play
               -Start Lunch
               -Answer clients
               -Check email
               -Walk

12:00Pm Lunch
               -Tidy
               -Prep next school topic
               -Math
               -Reading
               -Online learning
               - Puzzle (Each child has picked a puzzle to work on together they are 100 PCS puzzles that we will be gluing and framing)

1:00Pm Outside/Free Play
              -Tidy
              -Client orders
              -Snack prep

2:00Pm Snack
              -Free Play
              -I bleach one room (working my way through decluttering and bleach each room in the house)
          
3:00Pm Xbox/Tablet time
              -Client Orders
              -Dinner Prep

4:00Pm Dinner

5:00Pm Walk the Dogs

6:00Pm Start Bedtime routines
              -fold and put away laundry
              -School prep for the next day

8:30Pm My shower
             -client orders
              -meal prep
              -odds and ends left to tidy

10/11Pm BED



FYI the kids are normally done morning school by 10:30 and afternoon school by 1:30.
Schooling shouldn't take all day, nor should seated work be hours at a time. The things that take the longest are the butterfly part which is about 15mins and then in the afternoon, their math and reading are done one on one and it takes about 5-10mins per child. It takes me longer to set up and transition to the next task then it takes them to do it :)

To all the parents who are new to have the children home and having to teach them, YOU GOT THIS!!! Take a breath, don't force it, make it fun, follow their ideas and what they want to learn about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment