Amazon

Monday, September 30, 2019

Super Hero Cake

Last minute cake requests can be a pain in the butt and I don't always say yes but I was making a cake and cupcake order for the same weekend and its not really that much work to add another order when I am already working away in the kitchen anyway.

I made a GIANT oops with the cake, I don't know how I messed it up but I did. I put the name Carter on the cake and it was supposed to be Carson.

Well I decided about an hour before delivery to put the batman symbol on the top of the cake and I am very very glad I did.

I get to the bowling alley to deliver the cake and they can't find a child who is having a party there named Carter but there is one named Carson. I go out to the truck to check my phone for the name low and be hold yup, the child's name is Carson. DAMN IT!!!

Back to the kitchen staff I go to ask for a knife so I can remove the name on the cake (I did it out of fondant which I normally don't do, another stroke of luck I would say.) I got name off and smoothed out the icing so no one other than the kitchen staff would have any idea.

This cake order came with a cupcake order as well and each cupcake had tiny fondant toppers on them.

On another note, I still suck at Spiderman's head so Deadpool it was lol.

The cake is Vanilla, the cupcakes are chocolate. 6 of the cupcakes have vanilla icing and 6 have chocolate icing.

As most bakers know HUMIDITY sucks when it comes to fondant, that is why you will notice in my photos my fondant is shiny!


I totally rocked the hulk fists though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment