Amazon

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New recipe chicken and gravy

A rut....when it comes to dinners I get stuck in the same rut month after month, I try not to make the same thing twice in a month but each monthly meal plan contains the same things over and over again. I always want to try new recipes and I “PIN” tons of them on Pinterest but normally I don't get around to trying them because they “look” hard or I am not sure they will turn out etc.

Well I have decided to try a new one at least each month, either from one of my many PINS or from one of my millions of cook books.

The first one of have tried so far was from Pinterest and I had been meaning to try it for months but I kept forgetting to get cream of chicken soup or I would worry about putting the chicken in frozen. I do not thaw my meat in the microwave EVER!

Well I decided the other day to give it a go I was stuck for a meal, it was a bad pain day and I didn't get it in until 10am and yes the chicken was frozen. Of course the instructions said 7 hours on low, well that just isn't going to work over here as we eat at about 430 so here we go I will cook it on med, and worse case it doesn't turn out and we have left overs from the freezer.


This is the full recipe HERE.


The recipe calls for:
2 packages of chicken gravy
1 can of cream of chicken soup
pepper
1 ¾ cup of water
Chicken breasts (I used thinner cuts of chicken so it cut my cook time)
Next time I will add a box of that stuffing mix I think it will help out the recipe a lot.

Mix everything expect the chicken together in a bowl until its semi not lumpy
Put chicken in crock pot
**put stuffing in at this point too**
cover in this mix
cook on low for 7 hours
***I cooked on Med for 4.5 hours***

I served with potatoes and mixed veggies.


I didn't get photos oops, it turned out pretty good but like I said next time I will add the box of stuffing to give it that little bit of extra. Everyone else approved except Blaine who didn't touch it.

I do have to say the blogger who posted this recipe has the best blog name EVER, "The salty Marshmallow"

No comments:

Post a Comment