Amazon

Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Mule

Do not watch this movie if you take issue with "old man humor"


3D and AUX 3D movies will be the death of me I am sure of it. I have always had issues with watching 3D but since the brain injury 2 years ago I can't watch them at all as they cause, headaches, nausea and days of recovery. Yes I have tried again when Venom came out and same thing happened all over again.

With that being said the movies that come out that are not in 3D are very limited which is okay I guess means I spend less money at the theater.

This month I got lucky, "The Mule" came out in non-3D. I love Clint Eastwood movies he has always been a great actor.

We there earlier than normal, which turned out to be a good thing, because the theater was packed by the time the movie started. As we sat watching previews and watching the crowd come in, Connely says "we are the only younger people here", it was a slight over statement. There was a lot of an older crowd but that is to be expected with a Clint Eastwood film.

The movie is funny, I laughed A LOT. DEA Agent to "tata": "I like talking to people like you" Clint: "what do you mean people like me?" DEA: "So old you don't have a filter" Clint: "Never knew I had one"

As we watched I was shocked at the big name cast members and how they all fitted together perfectly.




https://people.com/movies/clint-eastwood-makes-his-return-to-acting-after-6-years-see-him-on-set/



It is a slower movie, no explosions, limited gun firing etc. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a movie I would like with how little action there was in it, but in the end with the humor and it actually had a proper movie ending, it didn't just randomly end (most annoying thing EVER), I really enjoyed it.

One or two times it was a nail bitter, funny the whole way though, it makes you think about what you are really missing out on, "old people" sweet and of course lots of Clint Eastwood wisdom.

Would I say its worth it to pay $23.00 for tickets and 29.00 for popcorn? No, but it would be a good stay in for the night movie if you want to laugh.

When I go see a movie, I don't read ANY reviews, I go off my own thoughts and feelings when I read the blip and see the photos (I rarely watch trailers because I think they give too much of the movie away)

No comments:

Post a Comment