Amazon

Friday, June 6, 2014

Vendor Events



I love doing vendor events with the cake business, it gets my name out there! Normally I make just enough to cover my table cost and nothing more, but these events always go to great causes and that's why I do them. I have done events for a little bit of everything, relay for life, Sarnia Humane Society, Optimist club etc etc. How vendor events work is I sign up, pay a table fee if I am lucky I don't have to drag my table with me or dig out a chair lol, I bake my butt off (about 20-30 hours), load the car up (some times I have to be there for 7:30am), set up my table at what I hope is an outside table and not a middle one, I have been very lucky and only had to be on the inside twice, then I wait for them to open the doors and hopefully for the sake of the event lots of people show up. Some charge $2.00 a person, plus the raffle table money and the money from the vendors it all adds up for the group putting it on. I normally donate a 15.00-20.00 gift cert for the raffle table.

This past winter, as I am sure all of you are aware I am an animal rights advocate, I was asked if I would have a booth at a vendor event supporting the Sarnia Humane Society, that's a silly questions and an easy answer YES!!! A very dear, sweet, heart of gold friend was hosting she is amazing she does a lot of work in the community as well and I am hoping to team up with her to host an event in the fall, anyway I was so excited it was the first of its kind for to go towards a cause that is dear to me.

Sadly I was unable to attend the event in the end, I have a serve allergy to latex one that causes my throat to close up and well that never ends well. A face painter (not the normal one who comes to the events I go to) was coming, face painters are amazing at events both children and adults love them, normally at the events I am at a wonderful lady named Cat is at them and normally she is in the other room or doesn't bring the balloon guy with her. Well My dear friend talked to the face painter and asked if it was possible that she not bring balloons because it a small hall, the face painter completely went off the handle on her, I couldn't believe it, when I do events that are at school and such I am asked to not bring any baked goods with peanuts in them, I of course I agree no questions ask, I know how serve allergies are and I would rather not make a student ill just by having my product there.


My dear friend was at a loss on what to do so I gracefully backed out, a little upset about it but some people are just uncompromisable. With that said, I made and donated all the baked goods for their bake table, I make a cake for the raffle table along with a gift cert. I sucked it up and moved on. I was very proud to be able to donate the baked goods, oh and of course my dog cookies were there which were a huge hit! They are nothing fancy by any means but they are loved by dogs and they are human grade, not that I would eat them.

The event did amazing!! It raised over $1,000.00 for the Sarnia Humane Society and I am so proud of my dear friend for going above and beyond like she always does!

The vendor events not only help local small businesses and home businesses get their names out there it helps local groups with funding, please go walk around a vendor event and support your local community!!

I am truly blessed with the ability to give back even if it is in small ways.











No comments:

Post a Comment