Amazon

Friday, June 6, 2014

Hippo Cake




I was asked by my sister to make my moms birthday cake for a small get together of just us. It took a long time before my family started to ask me to make the cakes for their birthdays and such.

Of course my sister picks a super cute cake, and says make sure you can do the eye lashes on the hippo or I can pick a different cake, lol as if the eye lashes make or break a cake.


The little details is what I love about making fondant figures. The eye lashes were a lot simpler than I had originally thought they would be. I am pretty good at looking at an image and recreating.



Of course my family is great at last minute planning so I wasn't given much time to create this cake but it still turned out really cute and was a huge hit.
















No comments:

Post a Comment