Amazon

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Richard's Birthday Cake

So I guess its been a while and I have a lot to catch up on lol. I am going to start with Richard's Birthday Cake. It turned out awesome everyone loved and all the DND people knew what it was. I am still unsure of what it is other than some DND God symbol. It took me 3 days total time and I got to try out some new stuff for it kinda cool. Richard picked all the flavors for it as well, he picked my homemade cinnamon icing which is his favorite, and Swiss Chocolate cake. I did all the cake work three days ahead as I like to freeze my cakes  before I ice them. I did all the fondant, icing and pulled sugar work the night before. all the fondant is free hand cut and hand painted this was my first time hand painting fondant it was a lot of fun and I look forward to doing it again. The pull sugar was supposed to blown sugar however I tried to blow it myself and that just didn't work I need a special pump so I just created pulled sugar ball. This was my first time making pulled sugar it was alot of fun I can't wait to do that again too. All in all the cake turned out awesome and Richard was very happy about it and I am pretty proud of it. My next cake will be for Kandice's Birthday

This is the finished cake

This is the picture I was given

No comments:

Post a Comment