Amazon

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Canning

So last year mom and I talked about wanting to start canning. I wasn't sure where to start so we didn't end up doing anything. The year I was at hobbyfest and a lady from Canadian Superstore was there handing out flyers to their canning class that they were going to be offering I thought this is a great chance to see what its like. At the class we learned how to make corn salsa and we all got a jar of it to bring home. After class both mom and I bought the canning starter kit which is awesome it comes with everything you need to get going. Well I came home from the class all excited about wanting to try it out. I had some blueberries that needed to be eaten so I made a batch if blueberry jam. It turned out great a bit sweet for my liking though. The next day still excited about my new hobby I made strawberry jam but used a cup less of sugar and it turned out perfect!!!! Now I just bought beets and I am going to pickle them. So far I am loving it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment