Amazon

Thursday, February 20, 2020

1000 words a day

Could you imagine writing one thousand words a day, I don't mean text or facebook post, meaningful, productive words.

I came across a post the other day while scrolling through pinterest that said something along the lines of "I write one thousand words a day even if I am hungover, its called discipline and how you become a professional". Who ever wrote that quote is right. And the quote can be used in so many different way not just for writing. I love writing but I don't always take the time each day to write and I really should.

5 Ways the quote could be used in your life:

1)  I work out every day even if I am hungover, its called disciplined and how you reach your goals.

2)  I read every day even if I am hungover, its called disciplined and how I improve my skills.

3)  I eat breakfast every day even if I am hungover, its called disciplined and how I will improve.

4)  I drink my 8 glasses of water day even if I am hungover, its called disciplined and how I become healthy.

5) I take me time every day even if I am hungover, its called disciplined and how I feel better about myself.

Do you know what 1000 words look like? Well at this point its not even close to 1000 words unless you are including characters as well.

I asked the kids what they thought one thousand words looked.

L: I don't know, a lot

B: Do you mean one hundred?

C: A lot of words

H: Sighs and walks away. Then yells"five"

Apparently they have no idea what that many words would look like for them either. 

I wonder with all the new things going on in my home I can make sure I write at least one thousand words a day? It's hard as it is to find much time to do anything let alone sit and write one thousand words. Currently as I sit and try to write this blog post. Blaine has his music videos playing. L is yelling at H that she ruined their fort. C is singing frozen at the top of her lungs and Bossco is barking to be let outside because he was just fed and that means its time to go out. Connely asking me if I am done photo copying paperwork. I have learned to blog with all the noise and chaos but I don't think I would be able to sit and write one thousand words without getting up at least a dozen times and lose my train of thought just about as many times.

What does one thousand words look like to you? Because according to word count we are still not there yet. We are still over five hundred words short.


I am going to start working towards writing one thousand words a day.

What are you going to work on doing everyday?

https://quotefancy.com/j-g-ballard-quotes





No comments:

Post a Comment