Amazon

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Unschooling

Allowing your children to run wild, no rules, no structure. That is what the outside world tends to see or at least what they think they see. Sigh if only everyone could see the outcome before they judge.

Many home school parents whose children attended school do unschooling for a few months before starting which ever homeschool program they choose to do with their children. Other parents to use only unschooling as their method of homeschooling.

Unschooling is a “program” based on following only the child's interests and what they want to learn. There are no rules, no schedule, no timelines and no lessons. This is child-led learning or called natural learning. For as many different parents there are different methods of unschooling. I am not sure how I feel about this method as one that I would use for my child as I feel it is important that we learn certain skills and I feel some form of structure is important.

This program works for many families but not all just like any program.

I will be using parts of this method such as if there is something he wants to know about, study, take an adventure to do etc I will follow his lead and we will learn that but, at the same time I feel learning things such as geography, history, math, reading, writing, etc. I am sure that unschooled children learn reading and writing in their own time on their own sch, but I feel that these are important skills to have the earlier the better.

Each parent choose what they feel is best for their child right from the start. I have yet to meet a unschooled child or adult who was unschooled but once I have a chance to do this I will post a new post all about them.


Where you unschooled? Are you unschooling? What are you feelings and why? If you are unschooler and wouldn't mind being interviewed I would be very interested in doing so!


I would LOVE to hear from you!



Click Here for more information on unschooling.  


https://ravishly.com/2016/12/28/freedom-school-our-unschooling-story

No comments:

Post a Comment