Amazon

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rescuing BEBE

I got an email from Susan at the Wallaceburg animal shelter that there was a female pit bull that needed rescue in Dresden. I spoke to the "owners" and went right away to get her.

This poor girl was in horrid condition from living in an out door kennel, the "owner" said she was never used for breeding but you could tell right away that she had been.

I picked her up and put her in the back of the car with me, the "Owner" says to me "oh I thought you would have brought a truck or something, she stinks why are you going to put her in the car." I had blankets set up on the back of the car to keep her warm and keep her wounds from oozing onto the seat. She was so thankful to be in the nice warm car she laid her head down on my lap and relaxed right away.

She was moved into a foster home with no other dogs. I took care of her wounds right away and save her food and water. She was not overly under weight but wasn't great either.

Bebe is about 10 years old and the "owner" said she lived in an out door kennel for at least two years with limited human contact.  She had a large chain around her neck.

She knows sit, down, stay, come and is fully house trained! Bebe is such a love bug she wants to be right with at all times and is a total bed hog. Most of her teeth were rotten and she only has shards of her front teeth left so she can't chew anything hard, but she loves her soft chews. She has ear mites and I think shes partly deaf.

Update: "Bebe" now known as lil momma went to the vet her mouth was full of infection, she had frost bite, she has five teeth removed and has lumps and bumps all in my mammary glands that I need a tummy tuck. Even with all the pain she was in while she was here she was the most lovable dog in the world!!! Poor baby girl, I am so glad she is in the loving hands of an amazing rescue and getting the proper care she needs!!


She has had her surgeries and is now fully cancer free. The poor girl was in so much pain but is now healing well and doing great in her foster home.  Bebe will be available for adoption in Ontario at the end of March. 

Bebe in her hell

In her temp foster home poor swollen mouth :(

Wounds all over her legs, and her poor nipples


In foster home in Ottawa, loving life!
Everyone says she is lucky I was able to rescue her and find her a rescue to take her and give her the medical attention she sorely needed, but I am the lucky one, she is such a loving spirit even with what she has been through, I was the lucky one to be apart of her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment