Amazon

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Abandoned dog: Owners found

Photo was taken four hours after his rescue.
I do not like this one bit, and neither would you if you read his story and met him. Chevy is his name, I got three different stories from the owners. I got accused of stealing their dog; which I didn't do, I rescued a dog that was abandoned on the side of the road and attempted to find the owners. I am disappointed to say that because the way our laws state I have to take the dog to the "rightful" owners because he was claimed within the 72 hour window. All I can do is submit an abuse report with the OSPCA and Sarnia Police. I can encourage them to put a collar on him, and take him to the vet. So this afternoon after they prove to me he is their dog Chevy will be heading home. I got a story from the grandmother that called me, then a story from the 15 year old son who called me and two different stories from the mother who called me. This dog deserves a loving caring home and proper vetting care. Their main concern was how much it was going to cost them to get their dog back, no loving owner puts how much it costs to bring their lost pet home first, they didn't even ask how he was or if he was okay. I know in the rescue world we see things on a daily basis that we can not control and we can only save so many, but it breaks my heart to know that he was safe and now has to be taken back to his owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment